Monday, September 13, 2021

BREAKING: SNY to Broadcast 3 Lions Games this Season




Two Columbia home games (Marist, Penn), and one road contest (Princeton), will be broadcast by SNY this season.

Combined with the ESPNU national broadcast of the Lion game at Dartmouth, that makes at least four televised games for Columbia this season. 

I say "at least," because you can bet that if any of the later-season Lion games end up having championship implications for either team on the field, accommodations will be made to get those contests on one channel or another. 

Whenever I see news that Columbia games will be televised nationally, it takes me back to the 1990s, when the only way to follow most Ivy games live if you were out of town was to use a service called "TeamLine" that would hook you up by phone to your college team's home radio broadcasts at something like $5 per 30 minutes. 

Now that I'm back in the NYC area and can attend just about any game, I don't need to have the broadcasts on my TV but you can bet I tape them all and use them for analysis or to look for myself in the stands every time! 





No comments: