Thursday, September 30, 2021

Random Question UPDATED




I'm dying to know: Who is responsible for both Princeton and Stetson wearing white jerseys in their game last weekend? I assume it's Princeton's fault. I know the hoops teams alternate colors and whites on Ivy home weekends very often, but when was the last time an Ivy team wore white at home in football? 

Was this the Ivy League's version of this infamous incident in Minnesota in 1964?

UPDATE: Dartmouth fan "Go Green" had an answer for me as he dug up this story about the Dartmouth-Penn game at Memorial Field in 1994. Due to a fire at Franklin Field, Penn's white jerseys were damaged and the Green wore their white jerseys at home to accommodate the Quakers. Of course, Penn didn't confuse the issue and wore then home blues. 

1 comment:

jmck said...

My guess is that Princeton considers these jerseys to be gray rather than white. Still, I'm not a fan of the lack of contrast, or of the GFGS (gray for gray's sake) uniforms in general.