Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Running Away?



Based on his Twitter bio and his absence from the updated roster, it appears running QB Gabriel Hollingsworth is looking to transfer out of the CU program. 

I have no information on what is behind the decision, but I would have loved to see more of what Hollingsworth could have done in a Columbia uniform. 

Maybe I am being too optimistic, but perhaps he will return to the team at some point. 

I do know that the transfer portal has changed the equation for all of college football and I just hope it turns out to be more of a winner than a loser for the Lions over time. 


UPDATE: It appears Hollingsworth has transferred to James Madison University.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The grass isn't always greener young man

Anonymous said...

The portal giveth and the portal taketh away.

Anonymous said...

He was not going to get much playing time with Green starting. Who is second on the QB depth chart now ?

Anonymous said...

Who can blame him? He was barely given a chance to do much of anything. I'm sure JMU has a little more creativity when it comes to play calling.