Thursday, December 4, 2014

Taking a Break

Everyone should feel free to comment here, but I'm going to take a break now from blogging and allow Rick Taylor's evaluation to go ahead. 

Let's see what he recommends or if President Bollinger has the decency to implement those recommendations. 

I believe Taylor's report will be completed in two weeks. 

As for me, I continue to say what I have for more than a year: there's no way Columbia football will ever win another game with Pete Mangurian as coach. 

Until he goes, I consider this program to be in a virtual coma. 

1 comment:

WOF said...

I agree Jake, we need to give Taylor time to do his work and also give the admin a little bit of time to digest and react.

Meeting yesterday appeared to be a good start and it was great seeing many old friends. I also want to give kudos to you, Jake, if not for you about half of us would have never attended. Thank you!

As you imply, however, whatever Taylor reports and recommends is only of value if the people in power do something positive with it.

As much as I would be disappointed if PM were still here much longer I can see the logic in letting Taylor do his work and then getting in the next AD before any decisions on the coach are made (unless that letter creates an urgency). The new AD is going to want to have the power to do what they think they need to succeed in football. I know there are solutions in which the head coach could leave but others retained interim but new AD should be permitted to determine Pete's fate, letter from players notwithstanding...

The best news out of all this is that Lee and company can't really hide any longer. If we are dealing with the same crap two months from now then they ignored Taylor's report and they may as well discontinue football as far as I am concerned (can't believe I would ever say that...)

My personal opinion is Lee is going to take this seriously, but I am hoping and praying...