Thursday, October 5, 2017

Week 4 Picks



Well after a couple of stellar weeks, my luck ran out big time in week 3 with a lousy 3-4 straight up record and even worse 2-5 record against the spread. That leaves me for the season at 14-7 straight up (.666) and 13-8 ATS (.619).


Dartmouth pick 'em vs. Yale

If this game were at the Yale Bowl, I'd probably pick the Elis. But it's in Hanover and Homecoming besides. It'll be Dartmouth in another thriller.

Harvard -14 1/2 at Cornell

The Big Red look like they're struggling all over the place now. Harvard is getting used to some new offensive realities, but they're coming on now.

Georgetown +24 1/2 at Princeton

I feel like the Tigers will still be hurting emotionally after the loss to Columbia and will not blow the Hoyas out. This will be more like a 14-to-17-point win.

CCSU +13 1/2 vs. Penn

Penn is also on a bit of a low after their loss to Dartmouth. The Quakers will win, but it will be closer than this spread.

Brown -21 at Stetson

I don't think I'd take Stetson at any spread.

Duquesne -5 over Wagner

I'm still not convinced the Seahawks have bounced back.



1 comment:

I remain, very truly yours, Richard Szathmary said...

It should be pointed out that this also happens to be Marist's "Homecoming and Alumni Weekend."

And they play a pssel of teams (Drake anyone? Davidson) which other Ivy teams don't usually come into contact with.