Thursday, October 12, 2017

Week 5 Picks



I bounced back with a decent 4-2 last week against the spread and 3-3 straight up to put my records at 17-10 in both columns and holding on just barely to a respectable .600-plus .629 winning percentage


Brown +16 vs. Princeton

The Bears look like the dregs of the Ivies right now, but Brown gets hyped for big games like this and I think they'll keep it close for the most part. Princeton should win by between 10 and 14 points.


Harvard -17 vs. Lafayette

The Leopards are starting to do lots of things right while Harvard is stumbling. But somehow, the Crimson look poised to explode at home.


Yale -6 1/2 vs. Holy Cross

Now it feels like the Holy Cross season is falling apart.


Dartmouth -9 at Sacred Heart

The Big Green may take their feet of the gas a bit here, but they'll still win by 10 or 11.


Cornell +1 1/2 vs. Bucknell

The Big Red will eke out another win.


Georgetown +14 1/2 at Lehigh

Lehigh will win, but the Hoyas will make it a game,


Central Connecticut -1 1/2 at Wagner

I don't get the small spread in this game. Seems like a real gift.




1 comment:

Big Dawg said...

My brain is telling me we are at least 7 points better than Penn. My gut is telling me to be very cautious in expecting a win.
Too many years of Norries, Mangurian, etc., etc.

Celebrate after the final whistle.