Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Ivy Power Rankings

 



1) Princeton

Still undefeated and finding ways to remain perfect. Biggest test comes on the road at Dartmouth this Friday night.


2) Dartmouth

It felt like I was the only one who was fairly sure the Big Green would win at Harvard. Now I actually expect Dartmouth to beat Princeton as well. Why don't I rank them first right now? Because the power rankings are not meant to be predictive. Besides if the game were in New Jersey or on a neutral field, I'm not sure the Green would still win. 


3) Yale

The Elis have new life with a new QB who is making all the difference in New Haven


4) Columbia

The Lions feel like they're a year away from being at the top of this league. In the meantime, they're a winning program again.


5) Harvard

The Crimson offense is struggling mightily. Take the Georgetown and Brown games off the stats and see how Harvard has done against more capable defenses this season. 


6) Penn

The Quaker win over Brown was impressive because of how the defense played. Penn may be able to salvage respectability after all.


7) Brown

The Bears had a bad day in Philly and need to prove it was hiccup and not a new normal. 


8) Cornell

The Big Red are running out of chances for a league win. 






6 comments:

Roar Lion said...

Respect the loyalty, Jake, but Harvard will be a seven point favorite, at least, vs. the Lions this week. They beat Princeton in the actual game that was played on the field and not in the replay booth. Very tall order on Saturday. I would put Harvard, Yale an CU at 3,4,5.

Anonymous said...

The counter-argument is that Harvard lost to a team that Columbia beat convincingly.

Anonymous said...

I'd go a bit further:

That Harvard lost to a team at home that Columbia beat convincingly on the road on national TV (after a six-hour bus ride).

NJ Lion said...

Harvard has lost twice in the Ivies, and in both instances, they struggled to score. All of which is to say they are not the third-best team in the league, and I see us beating them in NY this weekend. I think Jake's current rankings are right on the money.

To me, Yale is still something of a mystery. I expect them to have a bit of a down game against Brown. I expect Dartmouth to beat Princeton, though I wouldn't be shocked if the Tigers pulled off the upset.

As for our Lions, I think we'll play really well and take care of the Crimson, but I see us losing one of our final two games (probably Cornell) to finish at 7-3 overall and 4-3 in the Ivies. I would love for us to win our last three and finish at 8-2, but I think 7-3 is more realistic, and it aligns with what I predicted after the loss to Princeton.

robert g pelletreau said...

I keep hearing that we are next year's team....Hoping that there is some truth in that... In order to understand that, will someone please tell me how the Ivy league plans to treat the lost year... In other words, do our current seniors get to play another year? How abouy the underclassmen? Will Young and Miller return, Roussos?

sal said...

I’m going to the game on Sat. First time. Do ppl tailgate? If so where?