Wednesday, August 20, 2014

High School Feeder List Updated!



Two incoming frosh this year come from All Saints in Texas


One of the things I've enjoyed most about following Columbia football over these decades is documenting the names of every high school that has ever sent a player to the CU program.

Of course the list will probably always be incomplete, but I welcome any new info whenever I can get it and I've just updated the special website where I document all the schools and the players who came from them.

Doing this just now has given me a chance to take a fresh look at our incoming freshmen class, and I have to say I feel a little better about it than I did just a few months ago.

I like the fact that many of the players are coming from high schools where we have found a few established star players over the years. I'm still wary of my old elementary school, Norfolk Academy, sending us two players in this class when no Ivy football star at any school has ever come out of N.A., but I'll just have to live with that.

All Saints Episcopal School in Fort Worth, TX is also sending us two players in this year's class. It will be interesting to see if the smaller Texas schools have at lease some degree of the football talent the bigger schools enjoy.

I hope the high school feeder school blog serves as some kind of a recruiting tool for our coaches.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

The new recruits looked great at Carmine 's with the exception of a few. They all are full of swagger and optimism. One things for certain already...the players and parents love PM and the coaching staff.