Thursday, September 15, 2016

Week 1 Picks



I did so badly against the spread last year, that I was considering not bothering returning to my weekly picks. But I cannot be a coward!



Rhode Island +31 1/2 at Harvard

Huge spreads on week one are really hard to swallow. I think Harvard will win, but I need to see more of the Crimson, or at least SOME of the Crimson, playing before I pick them to win by almost five TD's.


Colgate +3 1/2 at Yale

Yale is losing players so fast, it's hard to see how they salvage this season. Colgate should win.


Lafayette +18 1/2 at Princeton

Princeton will win, and the Tigers DO have a penchant for outperforming in weeks one and two. But this spread is just too rich for my blood.


Penn -9 1/2 vs. Lehigh

The Quakers look stacked this year.


Bucknell -7 1/2 vs. Cornell

I don't think Cornell will have its lineup figured out this early.


New Hampshire +5 at Dartmouth

The Big Green is a bit banged up. I think the game will be somewhat close, but UNH will win.


Brown +2 1/2 at Bryant

Brown will win, as the Bears almost always start strong.

No comments: