Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Ivy Power Rankings



 


1) Princeton

The comeback win at Monmouth was impressive, and just the kind of adversity a top team needs to prove it can overcome.

2) Dartmouth

Because the CU-CCSU game wasn't plagued by too many media timeouts, I had a chance to watch much of the Dartmouth-Yale game on my phone. The Big Green's wins over Penn and Yale are much more impressive than Harvard's win over Brown and the Crimson's not-so-great performance against Cornell. 

3) Harvard

Still looking good, but not as great as 10 days ago.

4) Yale 

Good performance in Hanover, despite the loss. I think Reno's call on the 4th down play in OT was a bad one. 

5) Columbia

Close game at CCSU might make some folks nervous. But CU seems to be playing up or down to its opponents every week. 

6) Brown

The Bears are waking up just a bit. They won't be an easy out now.

7) Cornell

The Big Red defense is good enough to make games interesting from here on out. 

8) Penn

Penn does have a decent full house running attack it can lean on now, but that means sacrificing its great duo of starting receivers. The win against Lehigh last week was ugly. (Yes, I know it's bad luck to pick Columbia's upcoming opponent last... but that's the way I see it)

8 comments:

Tod Howard Hawks (I am not the "Unknown" who was credited with my remarks of late) said...

Curious, Jake.

I have seen on voyforums-ivy league sports-two recent Columbia football recruits who have not been mentioned yet on Roar Lions 2021.

Your thoughts?

TOD HOWARD HAWKS

Jake said...

Names?

Tod Howard Hawks (I am not the "Unknown" who was credited with my remarks of late) said...

Jake,

Here are the two names and info from voyforums you asked for:

1) Patrick Gilchrist, the 6'5" 260 lb defensive end and team captain of the Randolph High School football team in Randolph, New Jersey, has committed to the Columbia Lions

2) Matt Gallehdari, the 6'3 215 postgraduate linebacker and wide receiver at the Kent School in Connecticut has committed to Columbia. Gallehdari previously played for the Hun School in Princeton, New Jersey.

(I think #2's last is mispelled due to a typo.)

Thanks.

TOD HOWARD HAWKS

oldlion said...

Re CCSU, Coach Bagnoli did not regard them as a pushover going into the game. The had some talented guys, and although we were better and could have won by more, they had a good and quite athletic QB, an excellent WR, and some former D-1 players from Harvard, Rutgers, and a few other places. So to the extent that they are a “last chance” school they still were not a D III level team.

Jake said...

I reported both of them on 9/30 http://culions.blogspot.com/2021/09/blog-post.html

Tod Howard Hawks (I am not the "Unknown" who was credited with my remarks of late) said...

Jake,

My mistake. Sorry.

TOD HOWARD HAWKS

InwoodTiger said...

Little hard to take Monmouth seriously when they didn't even play football when I was an undergrad. But as what is now a ranked FCS team, well ok, good win by the Tigers, I guess. In front of fewer than 3,000.

oldlion said...

Schools like Monmouth, /CCSU/Wagner etc. and many more are sometimes referred to as “last chance” universities for players who were in big time D-1 schools and for one reason or another left those programs. So it is not surprising to see some excellent talent sprinkled on those rosters.