Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 6 Picks



Last week,  I had another strong series of picks. I went 6-1 straight up and 5-2 against the spread.

That puts my 2013 record so far at 17-5 straight up and 14-7-1 against the spread.

On to this week and games to pick:

Dartmouth + 1 1/2 at Penn

I could easily lean on the injury to WR Ryan McManus as an excuse to get out of my earlier enthusiasm for the Big Green. But I sense a real weakness in the Quakers this time. I look for Dartmouth to finally get off the floor and beat Penn Saturday.

Colgate +9 at Cornell

Yale embarrassed Colgate last week and it seems like the Raiders are officially having a bad season. Cornell was also embarrassed last week against Yale, so this is a game about redemption. I like Colgate to start salvaging its season with a win.

Harvard -14 1/2 at Holy Cross

The Crimson are at the top of their game right now and the Crusaders are still far from their usual level under Head Coach Tom Gilmore. I like Harvard to win by about 17 or so.

Rhode Island + 10 1/2 at Brown

URI has improved as the season has gone along, but not enough to beat the Bears at home. Brown to win, URI to cover.

Yale +20 at Cal Poly

One thing Tony Reno has done at Yale is make sure that the Elis never get really embarrassed. Cal Poly will win by 14-17 points, but no more.

Lehigh + 9 1/2 at Fordham

These are two really good teams going at it in the Bronx and part of me wishes I could be at the game. I think Fordham is just on another level this year and the Rams will find a way to win... but not by two scores. I like Fordham to win, but the Mountain Hawks to cover.

Monmouth -14 vs. Robert Morris

The Hawks have a lot of weapons and RMU has the misfortune of having to travel to South Jersey and a small rowdy stadium. MU to win and cover.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dartmouth has been playing Penn tough for many years, but the Quakers always seem to find a way to win. Would love for the latter part to finally be reversed this year.

Jake said...

yeah, I'd really like to see Dartmouth finally break this logjam, but I may have made my pick based on too much wishful thinking. McManus injury is huge... but I really think Penn has a running game problem and that plays the Dartmouth's strength. So I am hopeful.