Thursday, November 12, 2015

Week 10 Picks




I'm having a good year for straight up picks, but I am really faltering against the spread. Last week, I went 4-1 straight up to bring my record to 42-16 (.724). But I also went just 1-4 against the spread to put my ATS record at 27-31 (.465).


Harvard -17 1/2 vs. Penn

I've seen this game before. I think maybe 5-6 times over the last 15 years, we've had Penn-Harvard games where the Ivy title or a shared title were on the line. We've also seen games like this where a win for the underdog could mean a 3-way shared Ivy title. But, unless you go way back 30+ years, it never happens. The home team usually blows the other team away unless they both come into the game undefeated in the league. Harvard has been a bit slow the last two weeks and I think it will take out some delayed frustration on the Quakers.


Princeton -4 vs. Yale

This could end up being the best game of the weekend. The Tiger offense at home will do a lot better than Brown did against these guys last week at the Bowl.


Brown +18 vs. Dartmouth

The Big Green will win, but their days of really blowing the doors off opponents, especially on the road, are over.


Georgetown +10 1/2 vs. Fordham

I'm really starting to lose faith in the Rams and their ability to just blow teams away. Basically the Fordham defense has been exposed too many times. The Rams will win, but the game will be closer than anyone could have dreamed two months ago.


Central Connecticut -10 at Wagner

I'm just not going to pick Wagner to win anything again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see Penn knock off Harvard but the Crimson usually pull it together for big games. This is a good tune up for them before they paste Yale.

Brown plays either mediocre or badly. Their QB is awful and their D struggles as a result fo so many 3 and outs.

Dartmouth is still capable though still learning how to find their rhythm. I have never been a big believer in Buddy Teevens. Though i give him credit for turning it around when he needed to, i don't seem him as capable of hitting that next gear with that program.