Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Sad News: Rich Forzani Passes Away


Rich Forzani


I just received the stunning and sad news that Rich Forzani '66 died of cancer this morning.

Rich was a true friend to Columbia Football. He sought me out during the darkest days of the program and we worked together to do what we could to influence the administration to fix things.

Rich and I met many times during 2013-14, and I really respected how much he was willing to burn bridges for the sake of the program. In many ways, he risked more than I did when we insisted on making a stink about what was happening with the team. Remember, he was a former player with a lot of friendships on the line.

Like me, Rich was overjoyed by the hiring of Peter Pilling as A.D. and then Al Bagnoli as head coach. We both knew that President Lee Bollinger had truly received the message when he made those bold moves.

I will miss getting Rich's emails and seeing him at games. He was a true partner in what often looked like an impossible task.


No comments: