Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Captains?




With 60 days until the season opener, it occurs to me that we don't know who the team captain or captains will be.

I can only guess that they will be named sometime just before or during training camp. 

But here are the players I would name as captains if it were up to me:


QB Sean Brackett

Kind of a no-brainer because when you're a senior, the biggest star on the team and the QB, you really should be one of the captains. 


Okay, I wanted to name a few more guys but I am having trouble making a guess as to who are the emotional leaders for this team behind the scenes.

I can list the names of the other top senior stars: Josh Martin, Seyi Adebayo, Scott Ward, Mike Waller, and Ryan Murphy. But I don't know if they all fit the profile. 

I know some must be natural leaders, and there are probably some juniors ready to step up too. 

But all we can do right now is guess. 



No comments: