Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Buddy Teevens 1956-2023


Buddy Teevens & Wife Kirsten


The news many of us had been dreading went public just this hour...

Buddy Teevens, a great athlete, coach, parent, and ambassador for college athletics, has passed away after fighting the effects of a severe bicycling accident earlier this year. 

I wrote a tribute to Buddy at the time of the accident, but I must say that I always expected him to at least pull through even if it meant he would not coach again.

This is a very serious loss for everyone who loves Ivy football. 

I don't think I could be sadder, even if this were a beloved Columbia player or coach who had passed. That's especially since he and his wife Kirsten showed me kindness at the height of the antagonism I was facing from the Columbia athletic department. They knew what I was trying to do and appreciated it. 

May his memory be a blessing. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coach Teevens was one of the finest people as we met in the recruiting process. Just one parent's opinion - he had all the right ideas.

Anonymous said...

Just heartbreaking to hear. Such a classy and decent man

Anonymous said...

Agree with docjoc