Thursday, October 30, 2014

Week 10 Picks



It was a tough week for me last week with a 3-3 record straight up and a 3-3 mark against the spread.

That puts me at 35-14 straight up and 24-23-1 ATS for the year.

On to this week’s games:


Dartmouth +9 vs. Harvard

The big one. Harvard won a rare road game against an undefeated, (in the league), Ivy opponent last week. I don’t think they can do it twice in a row. The Big Green to win.


Brown -3 at Penn

I like the Bears upward trajectory this season.


Cornell +16 vs. Princeton

Princeton has never played all that well in Ithaca, and as bad as this Big Red team is I think the timing is right for Cornell to stay within two scores of the Tigers. Princeton will win, but not by 17.


Colgate +21 at Fordham

The Rams are hitting their stride, but this won’t be a total blowout. Rams to win, Raiders to cover.


Monmouth -4 ½ vs. Charleston Southern

I like the Hawks at home.


Albany +18 at New Hampshire


I like the Great Danes to make a game of this.  UNH by 15 or so. 

4 comments:

#1 Lion said...

Would we be competitive against the other Ivies who have Sprint Football teams?

alawicius said...

After looking at Joe Moglia's website, he looks like he would be a very good choice. I didn't realize he had 20 years experience in coaching in addition to being the CEO of TDAmeritrade! (the "TD" counts for something).

Allie

Big Dawg said...

Jake, et al

Is it me? Or do I truly detect a mental and emotional fatigue surrounding this issue.
How many times can we keep saying the same things?
I really must credit Jake with coming up with new commentary, but truth be told, I'm getting worn out.

Nothing changes; nothing gets better; no one anywhere gives us any cogent info on what we might be doing to improve. Are they just trying to wear us out? Where is the silver lining or the faint hope of anything we might cling to?

Seeunt said...

Yes, TD stands for Toronto Dominion.