Friday, September 20, 2013

Week 4 Picks



Last week, I went 1-1 straight up and 0-2 against the spread to bring my overall record to 5-2 straight up and also 5-2 against the spread.

On to this week with a whopping EIGHT games to pick:


Brown -16 over Georgetown

Don’t expect too many cobwebs in the Bear offense as QB Patrick Donnelly is back for his 5th year and he’s throwing to a big WR he’s been playing with since high school. Georgetown looks really weak right now and Brown usually plays very well in the early season games.


Colgate -11 over Yale

I expect Yale to improve a bit this year, but Colgate really needs this game at home and I think they’ll play their best game of the year so far.


Cornell -3 over Bucknell

This will be the Big Red’s best chance for a win all season, and new Head Coach David Archer knows it. Jeff Mathews also begins his final campaign for NFL attention. It’s a big homecoming weekend for Cornell.


San Diego +12 vs. Harvard

I still think Harvard will win this game, but the Crimson have a few kinks to work out before I can say they’ll beat USD by more than 10 points on such a long road trip. Harvard to win, San Diego to cover.


Lehigh +3 ½ at Princeton

Lehigh is hurting a bit after those player suspensions and some actual injuries. But I still think this team is better than the Tigers. I like the Mountain Hawks to win.


Dartmouth -7 at Butler

I really like the Big Green this year and this game should prove it. They may start slow after making the long trip, but I think Dartmouth wins by 10 or so.


Lafayette +11 at Penn

The Quakers never seem to play very well against Lafayette and I think the offense will have some issues to work out early in the season just like last year. BUT the Leopards are weaker than usual this season and I think Penn will pull it out. Penn to win, Lafayette to cover.


Holy Cross -7 ½ over Monmouth


I’m a big believer in Crusader Head Coach Tom Gilmore. This is a 10 or 11 point win for Holy Cross. 

No comments: