Thursday, August 29, 2013

BREAKING: Alec Fisher off the Roster

Junior Alec Fisher, who got most of his playing time as a reliable punt returner the last two seasons, is off the roster.

Fisher had sort of been eclipsed as Columbia's main punt returner by Travis Reim in the latter part of last season.

For those of you who are new at this, you should know that these roster deletions are never a mistake and never temporary.

In other words, Fisher is no longer on the team.

*UPDATE: Apparently Fisher transferred out of Columbia altogether a few months ago. So I'm surprised the roster was not updated until now.

We wish him the best. 

3 comments:

oldlion said...

Sorry to hear that. I thought he was a reliable guy back there who never muffed a catch. I would prefer not to have our best CB returning punts.

jock/doc said...

I agree with oldlion.
I liked the guy.
Are we seeing the result of all the "competition"?

Anonymous said...

I think with the freshmen influx there are some very good returner candidates, starting with Alan Watson (if you've seen the videos of his long kick-off returns for TDs you'd probably agree). Fisher was reliable to catch the ball but never flashed breakaway speed. I think we have a few guys now who would qualify and they must have shown their stuff in camp.