Wednesday, August 28, 2013

New Choices



Dichter Pharmacy


Forget about what goes on the field, we all know the BEST thing about football is the food!

Okay, maybe that's a stretch. But I think we can all agree that the food and drink situation around Baker Field has always been mixed at best.

I'll post an updated version of my complete guide to getting to and enjoying game day at Wien Stadium in the days before our home opener, but I wanted to share some good news now about some new choices.

First, let's review:

For a quick sweet treat and a coffee, we've always had Twin Donut, (with the exception of one season when it was either out of business, being renovated or both), right on the corner of 218th and Broadway.

The Park Terrace Deli is even closer to Wien Stadium on 218th and it's a good place to grab a fast sandwich and a drink.

Just past the Broadway Bridge, a strip mall opened a few years ago that includes a Starbucks and an Applebee's restaurant.

But now, I am learning of some new choices that seem a little more game day friendly.

First we have an actual sports bar in District 12, located not too far away from Baker Field on 204th and Broadway. This could be a great place to walk after a CU win to celebrate a win and then catch the late day college games on TV.

And second, I recently learned that Dichter Pharmacy on Broadway between West 207th and Isham Streets, includes a classic soda fountain counter with ice cream, etc.

That's a GREAT place to go before or after a game with the kids.

Again, I'll have a more complete guide to food and everything else a little closer to the home opener.

But I don't like to keep good news under wraps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. Us out of towners need info like this. I ate at a pizzeria just past the bridge near the stadium adjacent to a Chinese food carry out. The pizza was great and they gave us complimentary pastries when they found out my son had committed to play for Columbia.

Jake said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to more.Jake are you coming to New Haven this year.
I do enjoy your blog.I would like to break bread with you and Bruce,HB. Some of the guys on the Ivy Board. Best Wishes, Jon Harris

Jake said...

I do plan to be at the Yale game, yes!